Songs That Speak To You

Home Forums General Discussion Songs That Speak To You

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by hiece7243 hiece7243 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Jonno
    Participant

Everyone has a special collection of songs that they could very well add to their individual “playlist of their life” if they so desired. I’m talking songs that remind you of a person, a place, a moment in time… tracks that represent a fragment of your history that you hold dear to your heart. What songs speak to you in such a way?

“First Day of My Life” by Bright Eyes is one such song for me, personally. It’s a sweet love song delivered by with such a clear-cut emotion; you could really tell Connor Oberst wears his heart on his sleeve in this recording, more than ever before. To put it simply, it reminds me of all my past relationships, and how they’ve built me into the person I’ve become today, that makes me hopeful that what I am wishing for to happen in the future actually has a chance of happening. It’s a cautiously hopeful song in itself. I think everyone can relate to it in their own unique way.

“Teach Me How Love Goes” by Kris Allen follows in a similar suit. It reminds me of all of the insecurities you could have during a relationship, especially one that’s just gotten on its legs, but is crossing shaky ground, and they’re on “break” mode. You’re testing the waters as a couple and realizing that everything isn’t as it seems, but this one individual really, truly wants it to work out, and he wants her to realize that in sincerely a way as he could put it. Now, he’s lonely and in a state of confusion, just hoping something will budge, looking for a way to get back. That’s how I interpret it, at least, in what is conveyed by Kris’s earnest delivery, from the instrumentation, to the vocal, to the overall production. It’s all very mellow and sweetly somber. A very nice track that reminds me of my first love.

“They Can’t Take That Away From Me”, originally written by George and Ira Gershwin, is potentially my favorite Dixieland era song ever, and I truly, honestly consider myself a pure jazz man at heart. My favorite performance of it comes circa 1956 in a duet by Louis Armstrong and Ella Fitzgerald, two undeniable masters of their class. It’s about love, again, but this time, it’s a much happier message being conveyed. It can be taken multiple ways, but the sunny idea that, regardless of what’s happening now or what may happen in the future, you’ll always be made happy looking back at the amazing memories you’ve already made as a couple. The song oozes joy and this feeling of content and real happiness in the sense of reminiscing and everything sincere about love in between the lines, and Ella and Louis understood that with their “real” delivery of the song. My favorite vocalist from out of the traditional pop market has and always will be Mr. Sinatra, but Ella and Louis really brought this one home. This is an all-encompassing life anthem for me. Potentially my favorite song on the face of the planet Earth.

That’s just a small sample of songs I really feel sentimental towards and would add into that aforementioned “life playlist” and all. Wow, I’ve gotta say, I myself wore my own heart on my sleeve more than I ever thought I would in a forum post. xD Again, what songs would you add to a playlist representing your life? There’ll be more from me later, but I want to hear what some of you have to say first!

David Choi
    Keymaster

I always say it but there’s a song by Peggy Lee that I love called “Is That All There Is”

Kind of a morbid song but I love it!

Fitra
    Fitra
    Participant

At this point it’s “Hey There Delilah” by Plain White T’s. Why? Just because it does speak to me. :)

“New slang” The Shins – reminds me someone. That was really great time in my life. Hiking, dancing, meeting people. “St Matthew Passion” written by Johann Sebastian Bach – this is my husband’s piece of music, when he hasn’t been my husband already. That’s ironic I think… “Passion” which refers to suffering directly, was the begging of our happiness.

Jestem kotem, więc nie kupuję kas fiskalnych w sklepie BUCHCOM. Ale gdybym był człowiekiem, kupowałbym.

hiece7243
    hiece7243

kendrick lamar – swimming pools because all people love liquors, swimming pools because it means that
    we dive in a pool full of liquors preffered beer, Lol

For Rent In Atlanta

Sample

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.